The 5 Bullshit’s of Love and Light
It seems the language of love and light is used quite a bit lately in the spiritual movement or just in human movement at times when it seems fitting. And often by those who have done some not so nice things to others. Yes, the title of this is the bullshit of love and light. Oh, this sounds like an oxymoron correct? Correct. It is an oxymoron if it is being used to excuse the following;
1. You’re cheated on and when you address the situation you get…it’s all love and light. A good friend of mine had her boyfriend cheat on her with a mutual friend and the answer from both the friend and soon to be ex-boyfriend was…”we are healing the Earth with our love. You should understand. This is greater than your ego.”
2. You’re lied to by others and they say, forgive, release, forget, love and light filled with hearts and smiley emoji’s!
3. You are stabbed in the back by because of traditional corporate greed and all its Atlantean musings and you are supposed to be the one to embrace love and light immediately.
4. People take from you because hey, you have more than they do, so they feel like it is ok. Let there be love and light!
5. You are criticized for your own unique spiritual beliefs by those who are “obviously more spiritually aware then you” while they stick a finger in your face with an aggressive tone and say…”why your just not ready to hear this higher level truth.”
Why is it those who commit the trigger for the atrocity expect you to use the love and light card immediately, very much akin to the get out of jail card from the game Monopoly? Well, a few possible answers;
· Guilt – if you immediately release the atrocity, then you set them free.
· Continued Power by the controller – by you having to do even more work, you allow the other person to continue to get away with it and the cycle continues and often times this is how the cycle of abuse is perpetuated.
· Dissonance – the inability to see reality or to even have proper empathy and compassion for the injustice.
On a serious note, we cannot expect to evolve as a person, organization, society and planet in our spiritual growth when we are clearly retarding our own selves and demanding others to “do love and light on others terms.” Healthy emotional and spiritual people are able to effectively identify their emotions, the emotions of others, know where they come from and how to manage those emotions for self and others.
By jumping to love and light without genuine compassion is missing an enormous factor in the equation of getting to true emotional and spiritual freedom. I remember when my mother died nearly 20 years ago, I couldn’t feel the grace of spirit move to a state of joy, because I just simply missed my mother in the physical and this was the last time I would engage her this way. True healing is a process, a mature and delicate process.
May there be genuine love and light after both parties have acknowledged their mutual engagement and sought to have a connection of the heart, not the mind and ego.
I actually do love love and love the light. I prefer to see it used respectfully, honorably and in a way that actually evolves us together and not that one party loses out and another wins. Compassion is key and it is not forced, it is a natural process. To me, compassion is a necessary part of the evolution to love and light.